What a ride I am on.
The challenge of being an entrepreneur is to constantly look for the next challenge, to get out of your comfort zone. I have just finished a 14 day livestream challenge and was looking at what else I could do to challenge myself. It was early August and I noticed Amy Schmittauer was doing a vlog every day in August challenge. Having been fairly sporadic on my vlogging so far, it seemed like a challenge too good to refuse.
So what is the vlog every day in August challenge? Basically, you have to release a video daily in August, quite a challenge to think of subjects or things to show if vlogging is something you are new at, but handily Amy has provided some subjects to inspire people if they are bereft of inspiration.
You can learn more about the challenge here
So we are now 23 days into the challenge, I can kind of see the home straight. So what have I learned so far?
- Be efficient with your time, having to film, edit, upload takes time, waiting until 11pm doesn’t work
- Don’t sweat on the quality too much, a windy video showing your journey is better than waiting for the perfect time, that’ll never happen
- Ensure you have a good microphone set up, for my videos I use a lapel mic – I use this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0727Q5M3G/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_GsuNzbPXZ5TAG
- If you are using a mobile phone, look at the lens and not the screen
- Don’t worry too much about editing, I use a basic free editing program and it’s good enough
- Interact with the community, shout each other out. It’s a supportive community
- I tried hard to make a video every day with business content, however for a daily vlog, sometimes I’d have a day off. People liked seeing me doing something other than business
- Be flexible, planning a video is great, but sometimes you are at an event or meet someone great, show this
- Have a few videos in reserve, I managed to get a few extra done so I could have a few days off on holiday
- Ensure you have good internet upload speeds
- HAVE FUN!
I’d love it if you subscribed to my vlogging journey on YouTube, not only will you find entrepreneurial, start up and business tips, but it’s window into my life as a mentor and entrepreneur living near London – follow this link to subscribe
My latest vlog is below!